The success of an automotive dealership, or any businesses, depends on how many customers they cater to. And building a database of many customers depends on their business-customer relationship. Businessmen and leaders in every industry agree that business growth and stability depends on having good relationship with the customer. And building the foundation of a good customer relationship is entirely dependent on being able to find common ground, communicate, and connect in a deeper level.
A business's reputation is only as good as the customer service it provides. Once you are able to secure they loyalty and respect of your client, chances are your business will always be on their mind the next time they need any help related to the products and services you offer. Here are some easy ways to make customer communication as simple, but effective, as it should be.
1. First impression. It doesn’t take a genius to know how people will react to certain things. When you first meet the customer, use simple gestures and maintain eye contact. Tell the truth, and do not exaggerate things. If possible, give an impression that you are on the same level and that you are trying to reach out and form a connection.
2. Listen attentively. Always remember– the main concern is not you, but the client. Always focus on what they are saying, and not on what you have to say to them. If you are listening attentively to the customer's needs, then your sales pitch will write itself. Listen to what they have to tell you, and respond accordingly with relevant information based on what your company exclusively has to offer them, and not what other companies can offer them.
3. Ask open-ended questions. Asking questions is better than pretending you know what’s right for your client. It doesn’t hurt to ask question and to learn more about who the customer is and what the customer wants. More often than not, prospective clients already knew what they want before they walked in the door, and are just shopping for the best deals. You should always assume that potential customers and clients are testing your company or dealership prior to buying any services or products, and it is your responsibility to represent your business and make sure that they know they are dealing with trustworthy people.
4. Offer helpful insights and suggestions. Once you are able to establish a connection, it’s time to give your own insights based on your expertise and experiences as a representative of your business. Again, do not exaggerate or attempt to deceive the customer, or else you’ll wind up having to play defense in the conversation, watching out for follow up lies. Suggest things which might interest them, and simply help in their decision-making.
5. Read their body language. Once you have established initial presentation, it’s time to read what’s next. At this point, you might need to adapt to their current emotion or feelings, and chances are they will express any concerns nonverbally before they express them verbally. It is important that you know how to read non-verbal social cues, and respond in a way that they will react to positively.
6. Sound, look and feel positive. Normally, when trying to establish a connection with a customer, they will tend to mirror you, and react to you in the same way that you approach them. Chances are they will also make their decision on whether or not to convert based upon how you present yourself, whether they realize it or not. That is why it is vital that you exude positivity, and also establish yourself as an authority with regards to your product or service throughout the customer relationship building process.
A person with good customer relationship skills is able to get the customer avail their product and/or service. But a person with great people skills is able to do the same, and build relationship at the same time. Building a great customer connection skills cannot be done overnight, but with the proper training, constant daily practice, and application of effective communication methods, and a desire to connect with people on a deeper level, you’ll soon be able to connect with people from all walks of life.