In 2010, problems with the sales of service departments had been identified as the inadequacy of manpower to take care of its customers. In 2012, this is still the problem that players in the Service Department industry are trying to deal with. Experts and entrepreneurs have been trying to find ways to resolve the problem and eventually increase service department sales.
While expenses on salaries of personnel are the primary concern of entrepreneurs in this industry, cutting down on manpower is definitely not the answer to the problem. Successful investors in the industry solve problems by getting rid of ‘dead weights’, outrageous guarantees and forced streamlining processes. Ultimately, to maximize profit for 2012, you simply need to handle your business properly and professionally. Another question arises, how do you do it?
Before lying down to you the ways on how to increase your service sales, know that most Service Departments are focused on getting high Net Profits as well as the Net profit to Gross Profit ratios. Adding straight commissions might increase the Net and Gross Profits but this strategy will eventually lead to the loss of customers who may not be satisfied with the services they are receiving against the amount they are paying. Ultimately, investing with excellent customer services by developing competent service advisors assures you of a sustainable income and will promote higher patronage of clients.
Do you want more innovative and ‘crazy’ ideas on how to increase sales? The following answers the two questions above plus the suggestions on how to gain more profit while positioning your business as a leader within your segment.
- Invest with excellent reservation write-up which will also include a request for mileage.
- Include in your customer service the process of reviewing the history of the vehicle of your customers. Look for details like missed maintenance from previous schedules or postponed repairs so you will know what are the additional services that you can offer.
- Perform an impressive Walk-Around with a Client as they arrive.
- Make a good presentation of your Maintenance Menu after performing the Walk-Around.
- Introduced to your client the permission-based Multipoint Inspection.
- Require your Technicians to conduct quality Multipoint Inspection complete with Digital Photos.
- Allot a time frame, the least possible time is encouraged, as to when the Service Advisor can contact the client and ask for sale of items that are found during the inspection.
- Present Best, Better and Good Options to your clients by explaining all of them clearly.
- For unsold work, schedule a follow-up date. Recording it in an electronic reminder system like Google Calendar or Outlook will help you not miss anything.
- Finally, make a face-to-face active delivery wherein the Service Advisors sets an appointment to the client.
If you are going to examine the process, the objective is basically to produce an excellent and high-quality service experience to the clients. Ultimately, clients who are satisfied with your services become loyal customers and recommend you to their family, friends, and colleagues. Thus, within your area of operation, for 2012, you are already assured of clients that will help you increase your service department sales.
These methods optimize your client visits, your facility and also the dollars that are spent on advertising and training. Simply take care of your customers and they will do the same to you by coming and spending more on services they need on their vehicles.