“It will change your life”
Every year I challenge the members of my Service Manager Coaching Group to go to battle – battle against their own shortcomings in business. This year I’ve opened the contest to our On-Demand subscribers too!
The glory? Well.. this year, instead of the traditional $50,000, I’ve decided to give away my personal truck – a dialed-in 2020 Jeep Gladiator. Catch that symbolism? In this arena, your fiercest challenger is yourself!
There are many ways we can become our own worst enemies and the effects can be painful and long-lasting if we don’t find the strength to pick up the sword and do the work necessary to come out on top.
It’s not easy to do this and swinging blindly will only waste your time and money – two things you’re going to need to succeed in the arena.
I created this challenge because at the very core of everyone – you, me, your advisors, the valet guy – is a competitor spirit.
We thrive not on simply “working on something” but competing against others, or in this case, ourselves, to achieve a victory.
We want to earn it and we want to best another to get it.
This year it’s about you. You vs You.
Take a good, hard look at systems you’ve put in place that have been repeatedly failing you.
Look at the inefficiencies, the time-sucks.
Ask yourself if you’re taking ownership or if you’re always blaming those around you for your shortcomings.
Break the habits that haven’t worked for you.
When you join the Service Manager Challenge, you’re setting yourself (and your store) up to succeed.
100% of my clients have shown an increase each year.
There are two ways to join the challenge:
In order to be eligible for this contest, you must be enrolled in Service Manager University or on a Chris Collins’ Inc. licensing deal with an account in good standing. Finalists and the winner will be announced at the Top Dog Event in August 2020 in Los Angeles, California
You must be a resident of the United States or Canada to enter, and you must be at least 18 years of age on the date you start the contest. Eligibility to participate is subject to the rules and regulations of the jurisdiction where each competitor lives as applicable to participation in the contest. The contest is void where prohibited. Residents of Arizona, Tennessee, and Colorado are excluded. Employees and immediate family members of Chris Collins, Inc. or independent contractors are not eligible to enter this contest.
Summary of Rules and Regulations and Competitor Agreement
- This contest is a game of skill, and chance plays no part in determining the winner.
- All entries will be judged individually, on their merits.
- The grand prize winner will be awarded a 2020 Jeep Gladiator. The value of the 2020 Jeep Gladiator is estimated to be $54,736 USD (although this can fluctuate due to market conditions and depreciation)
- You must be a resident of the U.S. or Canada to participate. Residents of Arizona, Tennessee, and Colorado are excluded.
- All federal and state laws apply to this contest, and is void where prohibited by law.
- All judging decisions will be final.
- There will be up to ten finalists in the contest.
- Each validly submitted contest packet can receive up to 40 total points, which will be awarded by the judging panel based upon the following criteria:
- The Essay= 50% of score (maximum 20 points)
- The Before and After Numbers = 40% of score (maximum 16 points)
- The Creativity and Supplemental Information Submitted= 10% of score (maximum 4 points)
- In the event of a tie, the finalists will be asked to submit a 700 word or less tiebreaker essay. The tiebreaker essay will be on the subject of the biggest 1-2 trends you have observed happening in the service manager profession and your opinion about what you have observed.
- “Ambassadorship” and prizes are non-transferable, and there will be no substitutes offered, except at the discretion of Chris Collins, Inc. Taxes and other costs to accept or adapt any prizes are the responsibility of the winner.
- Chris Collins, Inc. reserves the right to interpret these rules and regulations and, if necessary, to amend the rules and prizes at its sole discretion and without notice to individual competitors. Any amendments to the rules or changes in the prize may, at the discretion of Chris Collins, Inc., be published online (including through email). Rule interpretations and all judging decisions are final. All information and materials submitted along with your Official Competitor’s Guide become the sole and exclusive property of Chris Collins, Inc., and may be used without compensation to those who submitted the materials. Competitor’s financial reports are confidential and will not be disclosed.
- You represent and warrant that all information and materials that you submit with your Official Competitor’s Guide will not infringe the intellectual property or other rights of a third party, and will not violate a state or federal law.
- Submission of your completed Official Competitor’s Guide to the contest constitutes your express consent and permission for Chris